RAWALPINDI: Amid rising tensions between Pakistan and Indian, a local commanders level hotline contact was established between the two militaries on the line of control (LoC) on the night of May 1, said an Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) statement on Tuesday.
“A local commanders level hotline contact was established at Rawalakot- Poonch sector on the LoC last night between Pakistan and Indian Army authorities.”
“Indian counterpart was told that there has been no CFV (ceasefire violation) or crossing of the line of control by Pakistani troops from Pakistan side nor mutilation of Indian soldiers bodies,” said the ISPR statement.
It added that the “Indian authorities were told that there is unnecessary media hype following the allegations. Pakistan remains fully committed to maintain peace and tranquillity along the LOC and expect same from other side and hope prudence is exercised and no steps are taken that may lead to vitiating of environment and affect peace along LOC,”
A Routine DGMO level hotline is also likely today (Tuesday), added the ISPR.
The Indian army had claimed that Pakistani forces fired rockets and mortar bombs at two Indian posts on the LoC, dividing Muslim-majority Kashmir between the two countries, in the Krishna Ghati sector.
Pakistan army has denied the allegations, saying there had been no violation of a ceasefire on the Kashmir frontier and that its soldiers had not mutilated the corpse of any Indian soldier.
“Indian blame of mutilating Indian soldiers’ bodies are also false.
Pakistan Army is a highly professional force and shall never disrespect a soldier, even Indian,” it maintained in a statement.